East Creek Camp
- Unit 65
- Archery Elk – Over-the-counter (either sex)
- Muzzleloader Elk – By application – typically draws with 2 points
- 1st Rifle Elk – By application – typically draws with no points (either sex)
- 2nd Rifle Elk – Over-the-counter
- Horseback Pack-in (3 hour ride)
- Elevations range from 10,000 ft to 13,000 ft
- Accommodates 2 to 6 hunters
East Creek Camp is one of our longest established over-the-counter elk camps. Camp sits along a creek bottom with tall ridges and peaks running both sides. Creek bottoms, avalanche shoots, and high basins make up the topography. The camp has some steep terrain, and the elk like the high ridges. Bulls tend to be less vocal in this area, but when they do get to talking the bugles echo up and down the valley.
Hunts & Rates
Calendar & Availabilities
In order to give the area a break we did not take any hunters in East Creek for the 2017 season. After not seeing any hunters in 2017, hunting for 2018 should be ideal. So far the winter has been mild and the elk counts are good. Colorado Parks and Wildlife says the herd is at or near objective going into the 2018 season.
The East Creek Camp was given a break for the 2017 season.